Summer Romance with Some Help from Chakra
Posted on 6th July 2015
The nights are getting warmer, the consistent threat of rain is getting less consistent, and it's staying light out until at least 9pm. This can only mean one thing... it's summer in the UK! And what are British Summer nights for if not for romance? Chakra is situated in Notting Hill – one of the most beautiful areas of London – and the perfect place for an al fresco date night. This week we are going to give you everything you need for the perfect romantic picnic.
Location: Kensington Gardens – One of London's eight royal parks and home to several famous statues is a 10-minute walk from Chakra.
This vast, sprawling park is full of romantic glades and shaded hide-outs where you can have your perfect picnic date. Hunker down under a tree, relax on one of the many benches, or perch next to the Italian fountains or round pond.
- Used to be the private gardens of Kensington Palace
- Immediately west of Hyde Park
- Covers about 111 hectares (270 acres)
Food: Take-out from Chakra-To-Go
We suggest going for a variety of our delicious Chaat (or starters) for your romantic picnic. Perfect for sharing, low on mess, and easy to eat.
- Lotus Root Salad - £5.95
- Avocado Ke Gole - £9.50
- Tandoori Paneer - £6.95
- Vegetable Samosa - £4.95
- Chicken Haryali Kebab - £7.75
- Butternut Squash Galouti Kebab - £6.95
- Prawn Koliwada - £10.95
- With two lots of Naan, some assorted pickles and chutneys
- Light and refreshing lemon cheesecake to finish
- Washed down by a bottle of house white
You can pick up a picnic blanket from many places including: