Create Chakra Food: Tandoori Paneer Skewers
Posted on 4th August 2015
If you've been following our blog you will know that last week we brought you a fabulous recipe for Tarka Dahl. This week, we take a look at our recipe for Tandoori Paneer Skewers, a flavoursome dish which is perfect to share with others. If you missed last week's blog post, you can find it here. So, if you haven't been able to book a table with us, try these at home!
15 mins prep
15 mins cooking
Recipe - Tandoori Paneer Skewers
Tandoori Paste - Method
- Mix together salt, cayenne, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, ginger, turmeric, fennel, cumin, and paprika in a food processor.
- Add lime juice and yogurt when ready to make a paste; store in refrigerator.
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste - see above
- 4 limes, 3 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 x 225g blocks paneer, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 mango, cut into small dice
- 1 avocado, cut into small dice
- small pack mint, chopped
- 500g basmati rice, to serve (optional)
- Heat grill to high. Mix the yogurt in a medium bowl with the tandoori paste, 1 tbsp lime juice and some seasoning. Add the paneer and gently stir in to coat.
- Thread the paneer onto metal skewers alternating with pepper and onion, then place on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Grill the skewers for 10 mins, turning halfway through, until the paneer is hot and the veg is softened and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the mango, avocado, mint and remaining lime juice.
- Serve the skewers, with salsa, lime wedges, and rice.