Chocolate Chili Truffles: The Perfect Valentine's Gift
Posted on 26th January 2015
Valentine's Day is a very important date in the diary for a lot of couples, so why not get a bit creative this year and make a special gift? We have the perfect thing for anyone who has a sweet tooth and enjoys a pinch of spice. Our heavenly chili-chocolate truffles recipe makes around 50 truffles and only takes 30 minutes to make (including preparation time).
- 1.4kg dark chocolate ( at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 8 cloves, ground
- 2 dried chillies
- 700ml double cream
- A dash of tequila
- A few pinches of salt
- 50g cocoa powder
These spicy chili-chocolate truffles are really easy to make and here's how:
- Start by greasing a baking tin (approx. 30cm by 12cm) with a little bit of vegetable oil and line with cling film
- Grate the chocolate or cut into small pieces which will make the melting process much easier and place in a bowl
- Grind the cloves, chillies and salt with a pestle and mortar and heat with the double cream and tequila in a heavy bottomed pan
- Once the mixture is hot (not boiling), add the mix to the chocolate and stir. If the chocolate hasn't melted completely suspend the bowl over a pan of simmering water to warm the chocolate gently
- Pour the mixture into the tin, make sure the mixture is flat and covers the entire surface of the tin. Place in the freezer for an hour.
- Retrieve the chocolate from the freezer and place onto a chopping board. Cut the chocolate into cubes and sieve out half the cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Toss the cubes into the cocoa powder, sieving more over the truffles as you cut them and transfer them into a decorative box or bag.
- Store in fridge or freezer
We guarantee these devilishly good truffles will impress your loved one this Valentine's Day.